quarta-feira, agosto 01, 2007

Bergman on Antonioni

Quando a Joana me disse ontem, ao telefone, que o Antonioni também tinha morrido, pensei logo nisto:

[on Michelangelo Antonioni] "He's done two masterpieces, you don't have to bother with the rest. One is Blow-Up, which I've seen many times, and the other is La Notte, also a wonderful film, although that's mostly because of the young Jeanne Moreau. In my collection I have a copy of Il Grido, and damn what a boring movie it is. So devilishly sad, I mean. You know, Antonioni never really learned the trade. He concentrated on single images, never realising that film is a rhythmic flow of images, a movement. Sure, there are brilliant moments in his films. But I don't feel anything for L'Avventura, for example. Only indifference. I never understood why Antonioni was so incredibly applauded. And I thought his muse Monica Vitti was a terrible actress."

Está na página do IMDB do Bergman, na secção de trivia. É muito mais divertido do que qualquer homenagem que passe por "a forma como filmava e sentia o sofrimento e as imagens bonitas". Também não quero muito saber do sofrimento e das imagens bonitas, mas gostei do Sétimo Selo (não costumo usar nomes em português, mas há alguém no mundo que não seja sueco e saiba falar sueco?), o único filme que vi dele. Esta citação é gira porque morreram no mesmo dia e, apesar de não ter palavrões, tem o Bergman a chamar chato a alguém ("diz o roto ao nu"?).

Sem comentários: